A dysfunctional washer drain could bring so much issues inside your home. You can immediately call a 24 hour plumbing service in Sunrise to address this, however, there are ways to do it yourself and save that hard earned money.
With the right tools and knowledge, you can fix that washer in a few hours or so.
- Make sure that the power cord of the washer is unplugged and remove any excess water inside by draining it BEFORE starting the task.
- Search for any sight of clog inside the tube. There are so many reasons for this: mud, small particles, coins, etc. All could cause a drain to be clogged. If there is clog inside, it is hard to pump water out of the washer. You may use a plumber’s snake to remove any blockage and continue to flush it until the tube is free from any clog.
- Totally drain the hose by pulling the plumber snake off the hose and pushing the blockage out.
Test to Locate the Clog
To save yourself from wasting any time in locating the clog, here is a simple test that you can do. Start by filling the washer with water. Ensure that you can see the pipe as you fill while holding to your dial so you can immediately turn it off anytime. Check the average time it takes for the water to drain out.
- If the water backs up quickly in a few seconds, then the clog is probably near. You can remove this using a small hand-powered snake.
- If the water takes a longer time to back up, then the clog is probable near the machine. Clean the clean-out, usually located behind the washer, using a medium drain snake to clear anything that causes the clog,
A tip like the one above may be easy to some but can also be overwhelming to others. If you are one of the latter, contact a reliable Sunrise plumbing service immediately.